What health conditions or issues can Dr. Felty help me with?
Dr. Felty can help you with any and all kinds of health conditions or issues especially your immune system. Whether your issue is acute or chronic, she can help support you in feeling better naturally. She can help you improve your mood, energy, focus, pain, and digestion. She has helped people with the following issues: chronic fatigue, lyme, EBV, inflammation, heart disease, mood swings, diabetes, depression, anxiety, obesity, back pain, arthritis, acne, thyroid problems, liver disease, cancer, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, kidney disorders, hormone imbalance, heart disease, allergies, PMS, infertility, and digestive problems. She teaches you how to maintain health after symptoms go away. Learn about naturopathic medicine
Does Dr. Felty see kids and babies?
Dr. Felty educates parents on holistic and natural approaches to health and healing for their children and babies.
Can Dr. Felty help me lose weight before my wedding?
Yes! She can educate you on what to do for any occasion. She has several programs and techniques to achieve your health goals naturally.
Can Dr. Felty be my primary care provider?
She can not be your primary care provider (PCP) even though she has been trained to be a primary care physician. Naturopathic doctors are licensed in more than 20 states and Illinois is not one of them. Which means, she can not call herself a physician, diagnose, stock vaccines, or provide emergency care. She can educate and empower you on what to do activate self healing and optimize health. She recommends that you have a separate primary care physician (PCP).
How much will this cost me?
Remember, your health is an investment, not an expense. The more you spend on it now, the less you spend later on health bills, surgeries, medications, and time out of work. The initial visit with Dr. Felty is $295. Follow up visits are $250. Dr. Felty provides individualized care. You may need to see her 1-3 times or 6-9 times depending on what is going on. She works with you and your body until your health goals have been achieved. Along with visits, she will educate you on bloodwork and supplements to support overall health and wellbeing.
Not at all! Dr. Felty can help you with or without bloodwork. However, she wants you to get accurate information around your health so that you can track and improve it. She can interpret your most recent bloodwork to help support you best. Depending on your presenting symptoms, history, and finances, Dr. Felty may educate you on advanced bloodwork not offered by primary care providers. This bloodwork highlights underlying issues such as vitamin deficiencies, inflammation, hormone imbalance, and infection. Bloodwork is performed in the office unless you are working together virtually, then it will be sent to you and coordinated at a lab near you. She will make sure that bloodwork is affordable for you. Bloodwork is not necessary for her to help you.
Do I have to get bloodwork?
Will my insurance pay for this?
No to visits and yes to bloodwork. Insurance does not cover naturopathic visits in Illinois. Insurance can be used to reduce the costs of advanced and comprehensive bloodwork because Dr. Felty has teamed up with a certifying physician in her office. Bloodwork fees range from $75 - $225 with insurance. Evidence based lab tests accurately measure and track blood health, hormones, thyroid function, liver function, kidney function, inflammation, nutritional deficiencies, heart health, food sensitivities, and food allergies. To find out if your insurance can cover this, please find your insurance company in this list and look under the column labeled "CDH" for Central Dupage Hospital. She accepts Health Savings and Flex Spending cards. Her offices can provide a superbill for the visits. She can not guarantee that any services or purchases will be reimbursed. Please call your insurance company beforehand. All payments for services are non-refundable.
What if I do not have insurance?
You do not need to have insurance to utilize and benefit from Dr. Felty's services. Insurance does not cover naturopathic care in Illinois. She will work with you to make getting care and any lab tests needed affordable.
How do I prepare for my first visit with Dr. Felty?
1) Please fill out consent forms and new intake form before your visit. Consent forms and intake form are emailed to you when you book your visit. Failure to fill these out will reduce the amount of time you'll have with Dr. Felty. If you need the forms resent, please call the location you are going to and they will gladly resend them to you.
2) Please check in 15 minutes early for your appointment. Check in here for virtual visits: https://doxy.me/drfelty
3) Please bring a willingness to heal and change. Results are significantly better when you have a desire to be healthier.
How do I prepare for bloodwork appointments?
These instructions are for people who live in Chicago and are coming into one of Dr. Felty's office locations. If she is working with you virtually, she will give you separate instructions.
1) If you are on thyroid medication, you must take your thyroid at least 4 hours before your blood draw, any earlier and your thyroid blood work will be inaccurate.
2) If you are hormone creams please hold off on taking them until after your blood draw.
3) Expect this appointment to last at least 30 minutes with your nurse to discuss pricing, scheduling, any questions your may have, and a great blood draw experience.
4) Stop eating at least 12.5 hours before your scheduled blood work appointment. Continue drinking filtered water as normally and if you must, you can drink some black coffee.
5) Bring your active insurance card. The nurse will confirm if your insurance is is in network with Central Dupage Hospital/ Northwestern.
6) Bring in your first morning urine. You do not need a completely sterile container. Use any container you like. Feel free to come pick up a clean urine container at your preference. This first morning urine is important to test properly.
How do I log in to the patient client portal?
Balance Health and Wellness patient portal
How do I log in to the virtual portal for my appointment/visit?
Online virtual portal
What if I need to cancel?
If you have to cancel your visit, please cancel within 24 hours. Failure to cancel within 24 hours will cost you half of the visit fee. Please call the office you originally scheduled with to cancel.
What is the safest and most reliable way to get supplements that Dr. Felty recommends?
Fullscript online dispensary is a safe a reliable online platform that you can order your high quality supplements and have it sent directly to your home. Dr. Felty does not recommend Amazon supplements.
Order more supplements
Do I need supplements?
Supplements are a great way to address vitamin deficiencies and strengthen the body's natural healing abilities. Some supplements are essential in helping the body flush out toxins. However, supplements can not replace a good diet and supplements should be individualized based on your deficiencies and symptoms. Dr. Felty will work with you to create a custom plan including nutrition and supplements.